National Cancer Survivors Day® 2022 will be a day to remember!
Here are some tips to help you capture the memories.
National Cancer Survivors Day® – Sunday, June 5 – will be filled with special moments that everyone attending your event will want to remember. And you’ll want to be sure you document them all.
While some people choose to hire a photographer for the day, you don’t have to be a professional to take great photos of your NCSD celebration. Try these tips for capturing those memorable moments from National Cancer Survivors Day® 2022:
- Tell a story. The best NCSD photos will tell the story of your celebration from start to finish. Taking photos of key moments will help build a narrative of your Celebration of Life.
- Make a plan. Before your celebration begins, think about what photos you want to take. For example, a wide shot of the crowd, a close-up of your speaker, or cancer survivors crossing a finish line. You may even want to make a list.
- Embrace the candid. Candid shots of people caught up in the moment capture the spirit of NCSD much better than posed photos in front of the same background.
- Catch the action. A photo will always be still, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be lively. Pictures of people doing something – laughing, dancing, giving hugs, lighting a candle – are much more interesting than photos of people sitting still or posing unnaturally.
- Be selective. With digital cameras, it’s easy to take hundreds of photos at one event. But that doesn’t mean you should post them all. Spend a little time picking out the best shots to post or share. And make sure you send them to Coping magazine!
Your NCSD photos could be featured in Coping.
Once again, Coping with Cancer is featuring National Cancer Survivors Day® in an upcoming issue and online. And your photos could be included.
If you’re hosting an NCSD 2022 event, send the best digital photos of your event to Coping with Cancer by June 13 to be considered for its official coverage of National Cancer Survivors Day® 2022. Coping has provided the following to help you prepare your entries:
WHAT TO SEND
* Format: Close up, candid shots are preferred, either vertical or horizontal.
* Photo Description: Provide a short description of each photo submitted; list people from left to right.
* Digital Camera: Set your camera for the highest possible resolution (quality).
* Event Information: Please provide information about your event:
- The name of the event host (sponsor)
- Event name
- Location (treatment center, park, etc.)
- City and state where event was held
Also provide your contact information, including your name, organization, phone, and email.
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Call: (615) 790-2400
By submitting your photo(s), you and your sponsoring organization(s) acknowledge that you have the rights to the photo(s) and grant permission to allow Coping and the National Cancer Survivors Day Foundation to use submitted materials, in whole or in part, in print and electronic formats and for future publicity for National Cancer Survivors Day.
Get Excited! National Cancer Survivors® Day is almost here!
National Cancer Survivors Day® – the Celebration of Life we’ve been looking forward to all year – is only a few days away! On Sunday, June 5, 2022, tens of thousands of people around the world will gather in their local communities to celebrate life. And we hope yours is one of them.
Be sure to share your National Cancer Survivors Day® pictures and stories with us on social media by using the hashtag #NCSD2022 and tagging us in your posts. And don’t forget to send your best shots to Coping with Cancer magazine. Your photo could be featured in an upcoming issue.
As we count down the days until NCSD 2022, if you have any questions or need help, just email us at email@example.com or call (615) 794-3006. And don’t forget to register your event and download our NCSD 2022 Social Media Toolkit. As always, our services are free.